Wanna talk to a human? Give us a call! 828-338-9787
Forest Floor Wilderness Programs
©2018 Forest Floor Wilderness Programs LLC
All Rights Reserved
Flying Squirrels (ages 6-13)
- Spring & Fall Programs consist primarily of weekly or bi-weekly programs, with several options of different days-of-the-week and several locations in the greater Asheville area.
- After School Programs happen on Thursdays and Fridays in the Haw Creek neighborhood and Fletcher, NC.
- Summer Programs consist primarily of a variety of week-long day camps, and occasionally overnight camps.
- Winter Programs are great way to continue developing your child's love of nature through the colder months.
* For the Oaks groups: This is an invitation only group designed specifically for long-time students ready for a greater level of challenge. You can learn about the Oaks groups HERE
"When we are out in the yard, playing at the park or walking around in the woods, [our daughter] will point out plant species and tell me their names and uses. Her confidence has increased, and she is learning the value of just being quiet sometimes- which I welcome."
Forest Floor offers youth programming year-round:
"Our son attends the Flying Squirrels program and LOVES it! When I saw the flyer for it, I thought it was great that someone was doing a program like this for kids but I thought that it wouldn't be something for our family because, as plant-nerd parents, we do a lot of hiking & outdoor stuff already. My husband had been really busy with work and wasn't able to do as much wilderness work with our son so we decided to give Flying Squirrels a try... and we are SO GLAD we did.
Our child is learning so much at their program and having a total blast! He literally counts the days until the next class. As homeschooling parents, we have enrolled our son in all kinds of extra curricular programs and classes but this has by far been the best class for him. He keeps telling us that if Forest Floor open a charter school he is going Monday-Saturday! If you can't tell already we HIGHLY RECOMMEND giving Forest Floor Wilderness Programs a try."
By Day of the Week:
FernLeaf After School (grades 2-6)